Saturday 4 October 2008

Sending Winter Wishes

Hi All

After 'knocking up' a couple of quick cards, I wanted to work on something a little more involved, so I thought I'd get cracking on my christmas cards. Well ONE of them to be more precise.
I love my new Whiff Of Joy stamps and my Copic Markers, so I thought I'd use them both. Although this card looks quite intricate, it's real easy to do.
I love tent fold cards, and I love accordian cards, so I thought I'd combine both in one card. This gives three layers to decorate and gives more of an impact.
You can see the folds more clearly on this photo. You just need a long piece of card to start with, or you can join card together and hide the join in the folds.

I love the way you can overlap the edges of the card with shapes. It makes the squareness fade into the distance.
The papers are Winter Wonderland from Dovecraft, and are fabulous value with 72 6"x6" sheets of 12 different co-ordinating designs for around £2.99. I cut the three christmas trees out from one of the sheets, added some glitter, and three small gems to one of them, and layered them up on foam pads to give even more dimension.
The words were from a free stamp sent with the Whiff Of Joy stamps from Katharina. The glittery snowflakes were cut from a Cuttlebug die, and the white metal ones came with my Crop-a-dile set. All in all, I'm very pleased with this card.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Bagladee said...

Lovely card :) so detailed. x

Desire Fourie said...

Well, you should be more than pleased with yourself. This creation is just so different and absolutely gorgeous. The layering effect is awesome and the shapes overlapping the edges just soften the straigh lines as you have rightfully stated. I might just bloglift this from you. Warm regards

Lynsey said...

Hi Debbie
This is stunning! I love the style of this card. You like you are getting on really well with your new copics as your colouring looks fantastic.
Hugs Lynsey :)

Roz said...

That's gorgeous Debbie!!!! I love it. I can see a lot of work went into making it.

Love Roz x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Wow! Definitely lots of impact with this one! Great!

Chris xx

Paula's ponderings said...

Absolutely love it Debbie,..and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DEBBBBBBIIEEEEEEEEEE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!

Sung in my bestest happy birthday voice! XXXX

Emma said...

Oh wow!!! this card is amazing. So much detail and work gone into it. I love it. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. Fabulous image.
Vanja

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger