Sunday 19 October 2008

The Joy Of Giving

Hi All

When I popped over to my local craft shop Sir Stampalot this week to pick up a few supplies, I found this Sarah Kay Christmas stamp, 'The Joy Of Giving'. I was thrilled to see it and was asked by Janice the proprietor if I would make a couple of samples in return for the stamp. See, there is joy in giving, she gave me the stamp, and I'll give her the samples, everyone's happy. I have made sample cards for Sir Stampalot before and they are on my blog. anyway back to the point. I bought some K & Co 6x6 papers too, and the two cards I'm showing today are the result.

This one is traditional red and green, and features zigzag stitching. I've wanted to get my sewing machine out for ages, and finally managed to do it. Once I dusted it off - and boy was it dusty - I threaded it up and did a little test on scrap paper, - always sensible - I'm really rather pleased with the result. I embossed a strip of red metallic card, and matted and layered my image which incidently was coloured with copics, and Zig Art pens. A little sheer ribbon, a Prima flower and some gems complete the Christmas look.
**********

The second card I'm showing uses the same image and papers.

This card has more muted tones, using pink rather than red, and soft jade green for a more subtle look.

The image was cropped this time using an oval Nestability and matted onto a scalloped oval. The flower was a green one from Prima Essentials, I painted it with Starburst Stains Glory Of The Seas Gold.


This shimmering gold is just magical in the sunlight as you can see in this photo. This image was coloured in Copics. They are my newest 'must have' and I love 'em. I'm off to do some bloghopping now. Take care and...

Happy crafting.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Beautiful cards Debbie...love the image and papers you used and the gold flower is gorgeous!! Never thought of painting them.....hmmmm

Lynsey said...

Hi Debbie
Your cards are beautiful! I'm sure the shop you have made them for will love them! Thats a good trade, a stamp for a couple of cards!
Hugs Lynsey :)

Debbie said...

Fabulous cards Debbie, your colouring is beautiful and I love the combination od DP's that you have used. I'm sure Sirstampalot will be thrilled with them.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog...next time if you see a stamp that you like on my blog just ask and I will glady send you some stamped images. Debbie x

Roz said...

Love both cards equally Debbie. You are so lucky to gain a stamp by making a couple of cards.

Love Roz x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Love the bow in the flower centre look. Different.

hugs,
Chris xx

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger