Autumn for me is the time of the year I like the least. It signals the end of the long summer nights I enjoy so much, instead bringing the reminder that cold winter nights are not far away. I don't actually mind winter so much, but autumn is the bit in between, that doesn't seem to mean much. I always get down in the dumps. However, I've just been messing around with my digital files, and I came across this digital layout I created a couple of years ago.
The photo was taken at my local park, just as the leaves started to fall from the trees. It seems such a tranquil image, and the quote reminds me what autum is all about.......
As the last of the summer sun fades into distant memories, and the rich colours of autumn come alive, I can remember the things I do like about autumn.....
- The firey oranges and reds of the leaves on the trees in all their glory. Soon to fall from their branches and be scrunched underfoot. The fruits of the Horse Chestnut trees falling to the ground splitting open their spikey protective casings. Children gathering them to play conkers in the playgrounds.
- The squirrels busily gathering their winter feast to hoard it away in some secret hole. The birds flying off to warmer climates not returning until the warmth of the spring beckons them home.
- Misty mornings, and dewy spider webs. Warm breath in the cold air as the children make their way to school dressed in cosy coats, hats, scarves and gloves.
- Halloween pumpkins lovingly carved, and left to light the way for children trick or treating. Screams of delight as children dressed up as ghosts and ghouls, carry lanterns and bags to hold all the treats they collect.
- Bonfires, fireworks, toffee apples, and baked potatoes as Guy Fawkes is remembered on November 5th. The Ooooo's and Aaahhhh's when the explosive rockets shoot their way up into the night sky to explode in a myriad of glittery stars.
- The shops displaying their Christmas goodies, as a constant reminder that there is celebration just around the corner.
Maybe I don't dislike autumn as much as I thought I did.
What do you think of autumn????