Monday 26 January 2009

Magnolia Vs Stampavie - Week 11

Hi all

This weeks challenge set by those lovely ladies over at Magnolia Vs Stampavie is called Double Trouble. This means you have to use not one, but a minimum of two stamps from the current list.

I have gone rather over the top on this project, but I love it, and it was great to do something different for a change.

I call it 'The Magnolia Garden'........This design is based on a Free Standing Pop Up Card I found on Splitcoast Stampers. It looks complicted because of all the decoration. But the base card is incredibly easy to make.

I made the base card in Colour Core Bazzill, and used one tiny piece of background paper for the stand up card at the back. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately, but you can use anything to match your theme.

I used two Magnolia Tilda's, and the Magnolia stone steps, right at the back. The images were coloured with Copic's, and highlighted with an opaque white Inkessentials pen. A touch of crystal glitter was used on the heart and wings of the two Tilda's.



Once I'd placed the two Tilda's where I wanted them, I got to work on the 'gardening'. And I must say, this is the type of gardening I love....no back ache or dirty fingers, just sheer pleasure.


I used Prima flowers of course, and small pink paper roses from my stash, with a tiny dot of gold pearly paint in the centre. I coloured some strips of cheap old copy paper with a green Copic, and cut slits in them almost to the bottom. I then rolled and folded them up, trimmed them to different lengths, and glued them in behind the various flowers to look like clumps of grass.
Then I thought about the 'Sweet Pea Flower Soft' I had languishing in the drawer unused since I bought it a year ago. So I plopped down some glue, and sprinkled a little Flowersoft in the gaps, to look like the flowers are creeping along naturally.


And as I'm really into butterflies at the moment, I stamped and coloured three of them. Stuck them onto the design, and blinged them up with tiny crystals.

You should be able to get these cards in envelopes if you keep the embelishments down, but this one would definately need a box, and it would look so pretty in an acetate box to match I think.

Hope you enjoyed looking. Why not have a go yourself, if you leave me a comment to say you've made one, I'll come and take a look.

Happy Crafting

Photobucket

25 comments:

Rach said...

Oh my word Debbie!!
you have done a fantastic job with the challenge what an awesome creation..so much work!
love your images that you have used but that flower garden is out of this world...way to go!
wonderful work. hugs Rachxx

Lynda Nielsen said...

OHHHHH WOW! This is absolutely Stunning! Fabulous Really! I don't even know what to say. I JUST LOVE IT! It looks very complicated!
Fabulous!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Anonymous said...

Wow Debbie! This is exquisite! It's a decoration is that, not a card! Absolutely beautiful!

Desire Fourie said...

Debbie this is stunning and so unusual. So much attention to detail and the colour combo is gorgeous. Love the butterfly and the images. Hugs from Desire

Bagladee said...

Oh Debbie thats such a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! Beautiful creation! It's really, really gorgeous!

ps. I have something for you on my blog
Hugs, Vanja

Sue said...

Oh this is absolutley stunning, beauitful card, sue.x

Lynsey said...

Wow Debbie!!!!!!!!!! This is just the most amazing card! Your card looks like a beauitful garden! You are so talented! Hope you are well.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Lynsey said...

Me again, Debbie, I've tagged you.
Hugs Lynsey:)

debby4000 said...

OMG this is absolutely stunning, what a gorgeous garden for Tilda, its awesome.

miranda said...

wowwwwwwwww,thats such a beautiful card!

miranda

miranda said...

wowwwwwwwww,thats such a beautiful card!

miranda

jeany said...

Oh my!!!!!!!
What an amazing card !!!!!!!!!!
The detail is exquisite & so fantastic :):)
Congrats on producing such a beautiful masterpiece :):)

Jean

deifen said...

Wow!!!!!Thats a work of art!I love all the embellishments and your attention to detail is second to none!!
p.s the Sarah Kay stamp you looking at is in my local craft shop www.cardznscrapz.com

katy said...

Wow, this is stunning Debbie, love all the details xx

Jeanette said...

faboulus! really amazing. love the color combo, and the stamps are beautifully colored. :)

Unknown said...

Debbie, my first time looking at your blog just came over from the magnolia challenge blog.
i just have to say this card is stunning, must of taken ages to do

Anonymous said...

Found it! and how gorgeous is this???!
My word, simply stunning and must have been such a lot of work!
Awesome!

Marlene x

Lilian said...

This is just stunning! I LOVE IT!!! The details are just amazing! You are one talented lady and thank you for sharing your talent with us :)

Sharon said...

Oh wow, this is just stunning. What a fantastic idea and I love how you've put the garden together.

Murielle said...

OH....Debbie, this is just STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!
I love your great idea.
Wonderful work.
Hugs, Mumur

magic boxes said...

I agree with Mumur - this is stunning. I feel like I'm walking through a fairytale.

LOVE the three dimensional elements to your cards.

there's no way I can take everything in in just one visit. Have to come back - WOW!

Elaine x

Anonymous said...

Debbie I just found your blog by way of "The Next Level". What a surprise to find this wonderful project of yours! Fabulous!
!Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/
come visit me sometime

Karen Rhodes said...

This is just beautiful!

Karen
www.craftbuddies.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger