Saturday 14 February 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge


Hello everyone.
Happy Valentines Day to you all. Looks like I'm in for a treat this evening, I don't know what but my future Daughter-in-Law, Jess, has just told me to be ready, hair and make-up done by 8pm this evening, as I am going out. Now as my hubby and I stopped celebrating Valentines Day many moons ago, I'm quite surprised, no shocked, that they have cooked something up between them. But I'm also delighted, I love surprises, and I don't get many these days. Watch this space, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow....

Now onto this weeks challenge over at The Sugar Bowl. You have to create a card using only one piece of patterned design paper. Initially daunted by this challenge, I am actually really pleased with my finished card. I kept it small so there wasn't a lot of space to fill, and I could get away with keeping it quite simple.

I love this image. I used HOTP paper from a 8"x 8" pad I bought ages ago, in this soft blue. The image was coloured with Copic Markers, and the sentiment was computer generated. The a lace border punched along one edge with a Fiskars punch. The flowers are from Prima of course, and the centre's from some daisy lace trim bought from John Lewis. The pearls I won from Ila's blog candy last year. Hope you like it.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

This is lovely Debbie, really pretty. Enjoy your surprise evening! How exciting!!

mueppi said...

Wow... Debbie
what a pretty card!!!
Hugs Gisela

Bev said...

Oooh, have a wonderful evening Debbie - how lovely!!

Gorgeous card honey - love the beautiful blues you have used
hugs Bev x

Paula's ponderings said...

Thats a very pretty card! I hope you enjoyed every moment of your surprise evening..exciting or what!!

Lynsey said...

Beautiful card Debbie! Your colouring looks gorgeous and I love the sentiment.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Lilian said...

Lovley card and love the pearls too! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Gayle said...

Hi Debbie
Gorgeous card! So sorry to hear about your night out...we don't complain enough in this country, that's the problem!
Thanks for getting sticky in The Sugar Bowl!
Sugar Mama x

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger