My son Adam (23) had his operation yesterday, to remove all of the metal work they put in his arm, after his motorbike accident eleven months ago. Luckily the operation was a success, and he was in and out of hospital the same day. So now he's all bandaged up, and has his stitches come out in ten days time. I'm one relieved mother.
I have had some hits from your blog
on my website and I would like to thank you for putting a link there, I really
appreciate it. I have just had a quick look at your blog and your cards are
wonderful, I’m pleased you received all the punches OK.
The Hobby House"
I chose a Magnolia image for a change, I only just got this one, and I adore it so much I've been colouring it in all different colour combinations, so you might see it pop up quite soon again.
The pink paper is by Doodlebug, the brown from HOTP, and the orange polka dot was a download, but I don't know where from. I think it was a freebie. The image is coloured with good old Copic's. These are so easy to colour with, I thoroughly recommend them. They are expensive, but in this case you get what you pay for, and they are well worth the investment. I kept the colours quite subtle, I think I would have struggled if I made them any brighter.
I distressed one edge of the brown paper with a pair of scissors, and inked it with black for definition. I added a couple of zigzag lines of stitching for interest, and to bring in the pink again. I actually bought this thread yesterday from John Lewis. It's for machine embroidery, and has a lovely sheen to it. I'm going to buy some more, at £1.30 it's a bargain. The flowers are from Prima, and the brads from Papermania.
I've been dying to try a technique with acetate, which you can see on the right hand edge of this picture. I cut a circle of acetate with my Nesties, and cut a piece off, less than half so I got a big arc. I stuck it under the brown paper so the adhesive was hidden, and dotted around the edge with pearly paint. I love this look as you can see the papers through the acetate, and the dots kind of hang in the 'air'. I'm going to try it again, maybe on a bigger scale, I'll have to experiment.
These are the Copic's I used to colour the image. I hope you like it. I'd be happy to hear your comments, if you have the time to leave them, they give me such a boost.