Monday 9 March 2009

Daring Cardmakers Patchwork Challenge

Hi everyone, and Happy Monday

Hope you all had a good weekend. I'm looking forward to the weekend again already. I have a lot going on this week. My eldest Son has his 25th Birthday on Friday, which I need to make a card for. My niece gets married on Saturday, so good luck to her. And the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC will have the pleasure of my company on Sunday, hurrah....and on top of all that, it's payday on Friday too, so I'll have lots to spend. So everyone that visits the show before Sunday, just remember to leave me some stuff to buy, lol.
Now over at Daring Cardmakers, the challenge this week is to incorporate patchwork into your design. Here's my design:
This would be an ideal baby card. The image is from the Little Cotton Rabbits range again by Sugar Nellie, available at Funky Kits. They are just so adorable, I love them. I also thought it would be ideal to go with the patchwork theme, giving that 'handmade' look. I coloured it in soft tones of green and pink, and chose papers to match, which are from Daisy Bucket Designs, Doodlebug Designs, and HOTP. The image is coloured with Copic's of course.

Here you can see a close up of the colouring, and flower detail. The flowers are from Prima, but you probably already knew that. I added a papermania brad, and a little charm that I got from Coleman's the stationers. I added a little ribbon tied in a loose knot just underneath the rabbits chin to finish it off.
The inside was decorated in the same papers.

Part of the image was used to decorate the inside too. The sentiment is from the same set that the rabbit came from. Oh and the buttons are by Dress It Up who make loads of embelishments and are available through any good craft shop. I got these particular ones from Capture The Magic.
These are the Copic's I used to colour the image. Hoe you like it as much as I do. I'd be happy to hear your comments if you have the time.
Take care, and Happy Crafting.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable, love it all. :)

Vanessa.

Bridgette said...

This is soooo cute, Debbie - hope you have some energy left for Sunday after your busy week - Lou and I will try not to buy everything we see on Friday and leave some for you lol - Bridgette x

Nilla said...

Very pretty! from Nilla

Riet said...

wowww Debbie,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

SewSuzySew said...

Love the Colour Combo and that Rabbit is just soooo Cute!

Fab!

Suze x

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous, I love the pink and green and the images are so sweet. Decorating the inside makes it so extra special

debby4000 said...

What a sweet card, beautiful colours and I love the patchwork and the cute bunny.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, I love the patchwork background you have created....it suits the cute bunny image so well. Beautiful colouring and detailing on the front and inside the card. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

What fabulous colours you have used on ths cte card, just adore it
Hugs Jacqui x

Stacey said...

Such an original card, I really love the layout you've used ~x~

Lynsey said...

Sounds like you have a busy week Debbie! I love your card it really is stunning! I love the sentiment you have added that is just perfect!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Steph said...

What an adorable card! I absolutely love the colour combination you've used, the papers and your colouring is fab! x

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger