Sunday 25 January 2009

Sketch Saturday

Hi all

Hope you are all ok. It's another wet morning here in Peterborough, so plenty of opportunity to do lots of crafting and lots of blogging. I so love seeing what everyone comes up with each day.

So, on to the challenge:

Sketch Saturday has given us this little design this week.....
Well that wavy edge gave me some problems let me tell you. I'd love one of the Martha Stewart border punches, they would've done the job perfectly. In fact there are so many of them on my wish list, I may never get them all.
I could've used my Cricut, but couldn't be bothered. so after trying to freehand a number of times, wasting precious paper, I gave up and did a straight edge. Hope this is acceptable.
I love this Blossom stamp from Sugar Nellie, it's so groovy. Even my teenage daughter and her friends adore these images. So they are definately a hit. Anyway, the papers are by Bo Bunny, available at Capture The Magic, and are amongst colours I don't really use very often. But I loved the retro'esk design of them, and picked up the black and red and used them as accent colours for the gems and ribbon.

The image was layered on to black glitter cardstock to tie in with the black without it being too overpowering. I've made a vellum butterfly, one of my favourite techniques. The butterfly stamp is from The Stamp Man, and I stamped and embossed it. Then I coloured on the back with my Copics, blending the colours until I got a pleasing effect. Because these markers are solvent based, they do not wrinkle the vellum like water based markers can do, and you can blend the colours perfectly.

I cut it out, and adhered it to the card. The placement is not quite where I would've liked it, but I spilled a bit of glue on the card....ooops, and as it showed up when it dried, I had to disguise it. I drew a dotted flight path, and went over it with glitter glue. All's well that ends well.


I decorated the inside of this card with the same paper and image's. I really like it now, the colours have grown on me, and I might try more unusual papers again, to challenge myself, and get out of my sugar pink comfort zone, lol.

Happy crafting....

Photobucket

14 comments:

SCRAP DIDI said...

Qu'elle super carte
je t'invite a venir faire un tour sur mon blog il y a une petite surprise !!!!
hugs didi

Jeanette said...

WOW Debbie! This is really a stunning card. That color combo is amazing and I love that you have decorated inside and out. WOnderful! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Jeanette

Rach said...

stunning Debbie, love the papers and the colours that you have used. the inside of your card looks as delicious as the outside. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Debbie

This is gorgeous. LOVE the colour combination and your embellishments are lush .. that butterfly is lovely.

Great card love it.

Debbie
:-)))

Debbie said...

Great card Debbie! fab image and you have coloured it beautifully. I love all of the gorgeous details you have added. Debbie x

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the colors and little jewels you used! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Holly said...

your card is gorgeous Debbie i love the litte girl and the butterfly. I have something for you on my blog
hugs
Holly x

Lynsey said...

Wow Debbie this is so pretty and girlie I love it! The colours you have used are so striking!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Desire Fourie said...

This is just beautiful Debbie. Love the little bits bling you've added and the inside is just gorgeous. Hugs from Desire

Beth said...

This is so pretty! I love this image and the butterfly trail is fab! xx

Bev said...

Absolutley stunning card Debbie, love the butterfly trail - such a neat touch! Gorgeous papers and colours too. Truly amazing!
hugs Bevx

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I can see how teen-aged girls would love the image. I am far from a teenager, but I love it.

Christy said...

Adorable card!!!!

Andrea said...

beautiful card with lovely details

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger