Sunday 11 January 2009

Hugs & Kisses

Hi there,

I'm working on some samples using Sarah Kay's First Kiss stamp, which is available from Sir Stampalot. I'm often asked by Janice, who runs Sir Stampalot if I'll do a couple of samples in return for a new stamp. I guess you could say I'm part of her design team. It's often good to have a local craft shop nearby, as the owners often don't have the time to make all the samples themselves, and ask clients to produce samples to display in their shop. It's a good way to get some free stuff, you get free advertising for your works of art, and you have the pride of seeing them displayed in the shop whenever you visit. It gives you such a buzz.
Anyway on to the card.
The papers are Basic Grey Archaic, with a mat of blue Bazzill cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Labels. the image was coloured with Copic's.....my collection is getting bigger week by week. The hugs and kisses stamp is from GCS Artstamps. and was stamped in pinecone Vesacolour. The stitches are hand drawn with an art pen.
I like the vintage look of this card. The butterflies are from a stamp from Magenta, stamped with Versacolor - Pinecone, and embossed with clear embossing powder. A touch of green was added with a Sakura metallic pen. They were cut out and added to the card using silicone glue to add depth.
The flower embellishments were made using the same Basic Grey papers to match perfectly. I used a Woodware punch for the shape, and merely covered them with Glossy Accents, added a small sequin to the centre, and left them to dry. I love this technique, and have used it on hearts too. It seems to be my technique of the moment, I seem to be using it all the time.
Hope you like it, let me know what you think if you have the time.
I'm off to do a few challenges now.
Happy Crafting.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Rach said...

a beautiful card Debbie a great way to use the glossy accents. how lovely to have your card showcased in your local shop..well done hun. hugs rachxx

Lynsey said...

Debbie your card is gorgeous! I love all the added details, they finish your card off beautifully! Well done on your free stamps.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Unknown said...

Ooh those Glossy Accents are lovely on your flowers Debbie. They are so well done, they could be taken for Primas! (Only better 'coz Primas don't shine).
Gorgeous card.
Viv xx

Jeanette said...

Wow Debbie! Your card is stunning! Now it is your turn to tempt me into buying a stamp. I really want this one after seeing this card! Hugs Jeanette

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful Debbie. Those flowers are just amazing. Hugs from Desire

Bev said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours and papers Debbie and the flowers are fabulous!

hugs Bev x

SCRAP DIDI said...

encore une super carte bleu c'est une super colors
bises didi

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger