Monday 6 July 2009

The Next Level

Hi all, and Happy Monday.
I'm a tad late posting for the challenge today, up to my neck in wedding favours & place names. Not long now....only FIVE more sleeps. Oh My Gosh.... We've had thunderstorms today, so I hope they pass by the weekend, and it turns sunny, and dry again for Saturday.
Here is my card for this weeks challenge over at The Next Level. It's all about buttons and bows this week. No sketch this time, so lets see what you come up with.

I used one of the new images from Whiff Of Joy... These are so delightful, I adore them. I made a card for a baby boy as you can see, but I didn't want to overpower it with embelishments. I wanted it to remain soft and babylike. I decided to use a sheer ribbon for the bow, then I could make a large bow, but it wouldn't look too heavy...aha method in my madness...On the other end of the scale, I used teeny tiny buttons for the flower centres which kept things delicately balanced. The background was kept simple with some shadow stamping, and a touch of blue paper from HOTP. The sentiment was computer generated.
Hope you like it, and while you're at it why not pop along and see what new look The Next Level is all about.
Happy crafting.

Photobucket

13 comments:

NormaB said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the tiny buttons in the flowers.

Bev said...

Such a fabulous card sweetie, the colours are just so pretty. Love the flowers too and all the wonderful detail x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Debbie! The lovely shades of blue and the heart border are so pretty...have a wonderful week.

Abby:)

Shari Nelson said...

Beautiful card! Nice work.

Rach said...

a gorgeous card Debbie, love the sopftness. the little buttons are so cute. hugs rachxx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Debbie,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Michele Roos said...

Oh what a fabulous card Debbie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Desire Fourie said...

Just lovely Debbie. Good luck with all those wedding projects, know the feeling. Hugs from Desire

Kim Dellow said...

Very pretty indeed Debbie. Kim

Lynsey said...

Beautiful card Debbie! Love your embellishments and shadow stamping. I hope the weather is ok on Saturday, I bet you are really excited!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Unknown said...

Very sweet card my friend! Love the way you have colored the new image and all of your details!
Hugs!

cats whiskers said...

This is stunning dear, what an awesome colour combo and colouring is perfect, have a good day, I do hope the weather improves for you dear hugs Jacqui x

Mina said...

oh wow Debbie this is stunning, so soft feeling just a perfect baby card
Mina xxx

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger