Friday 24 April 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge 2

Hi all, and a very happy Friday.

I'm back, after a very long week of work and no crafting. I missed the first challenge over at Just Magnolia, but I'm on the ball with this one. The theme is pink and green. It's one of my favourite colour combinations, so I had to give it a go. There's some fab cards by the design team for inspiration, so why not go and take a look. you won't be disappointed.
I have made quite a simple card this time, not too time consuming as I still have loads to catch up on. The pink paper is from Bo Bunny, and my favourite at the moment....you'll be able to tell by looking at my last few posts, at it's featured well in them all.....and I have another little project on the go that will feature more of this collection. The green spotted paper is by Daisy Bucket Designs. I used a glue pen over the background paper and added glitter...I love a bit of sparkle. And I used my Martha Stewart Valentine Punch on the bottom edge.

I coloured my image with Copic Markers. The flowers were punched out using my EK Success Retro Flower Punch, and the tiny butterflies were punched out with a mini punch bought from Tesco. A white organza bow was added to 'tie' the bunch of flower stems together. I really like this card, hope you do too. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Photobucket

21 comments:

Lynda Nielsen said...

OOooooh La La.... This is GORGEOUS!!! I love your background and all those embellishments. What are you using in the center of those retro flowers? I love those!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debbie,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Yvonne said...

WONDERFUL CARD, i like the way you have used the stems of the backing papers to put the flowers on. fab idea.
Your colouring is just perfect.

Sharri said...

Debbie,
Your card is beautiful! I love all the details!

Riet said...

Wowww Debbie,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

SO cute!! Love the colors, the background, the flowers and of course Tilda is just the cutest! Super job.

Lynsey said...

Hi Debbie this is so pretty! I have missed your cards this week. I have been busy making some boxed cards for an order and I have not had time to take part in any challenges this week! I need someone to put some more hours in my day!
Hugs Lynsey:)

tracie said...

You may think its Simple Debbie but I think its absolutley gorgeous !! love the pretty papers and beautiful butterflies ~ fabulous card.
Have a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Mina said...

this is so pretty Debbie, I love your simple layout and this Tilda was one of the first I bought so I love her...thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia xxx

cats whiskers said...

Great card Debbie love that image and the paper is just perfect as is your clouring thanks for joining us this week
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Donna said...

What a lovely card Debbie, love that MS punch of yours, your coloring is fabulous on the image, and great idea of the sparkle on the DP.
Hugs
Donna

Bev said...

Oh what a delicious creation this is honey - love the simplicity of the layout - it lets that gorgeous paper really shine. The punched border is so pretty too. Love it x

Naoual said...

Gorgeous card Debbie! Really love the layout and the way you used the punched flowers and butterflies! Your colouring is just beautiful.

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Bridgette said...

Hello Debbie - Lou said that you had been very busy just lately - this is a lovely card - gorgeous colours and this little Tilda was one of my favourites - it has such a summery feel to it - looking forward to meeting you next week - Bridgette xxx

Nilla said...

Debbie, stunning card and fantastic details! hugs from Nilla

Thea said...

Hello Debbie, love your card.
Also simple cards can be beautifull.
You make lovely cards, so i am a follower now.
I am inlove with the magnolia garden, it is a super card, love all the flowers.
Are the Tilda's sitting on a box or is it a folding card? it looks so great, that i want to try it out. Love to hear from you.

Greetings Thea

I'll hope you understand what i am writing, i am from holland, but i do my best.

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Debbie. Love the tilda image and the beautiful colouring. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Mandy said...

so adorable! I just love the detail you have on this card! stunning!

mandyxx

Lou said...

Really luv this card Debbie, your colours are lovely and she looks so pretty.See you soon,Lou.xx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Debbie, pink & green are my Fav colour combo :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Tab said...

Debbie I adore your beautiful card! Love the flowers and the butterflies!
Hugs Tab xxx

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger