Monday 27 April 2009

Cute Card Thursday

Hi everyone, and Happy Monday.
Well I had a teriffic day yesterday. My son Paul and his fiancee Jess came over to see me. It was a gorgeously sunny day, and they tidied my garden up for me. I did help a little, and my backs 'killing me' now. But it looks much better, and I've got to hand it to them, they did a marvellous job. So a huge thank you to Paul & Jess.
Later on I went over to my daughters to see baby Nicole. Well I didn't just go over to see her obviously, but my daughter too. My grandson was staying over at his other grandparents house, so I didn't get to see him this time. No day job this week, so I am going to crack on with my son's wedding invitations.
But before I do, I have a card to show which I made for the Cute Card Thursday challenge 'Getting Edgy'. They want to see us tear, sand, distress or sew the edges of our cards. I did some tearing, a little distressing and some faux stitching:

Yet another Gorjuss Girl from the new collection. After a tip from Jacqui, I decided to choose my papers first. It's definately easier to do it this way round, then colour the image, so I'll be doing this again. I chose papers from a 6"x6" K & Co pad, layering and tearing until I got a pleasing layout.

I punched out two flowers using my EK Success Retro Flower punch and added faux stitching around the edges. Then I cut strips into them and ruffled the up a bit for a bit of dimension. I stuck them on with silicone glue so the stayed dimensional and didn't flatten down.


I stamped two butterflies from a Hero Arts stamp set I've had for ages, and layered them up, again using silicone glue. You can see the detail in these two pictures a little better I hope.

Gotta fly now, take care.

Photobucket



9 comments:

Deb said...

fabulous card Debbie, love the sweet image and your gorgeous flowers!
Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day! Debx

Lynsey said...

This is such a beautiful card Debbie! Hope you are well and enjoying your time crafting.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Riet said...

Wowww Debbie,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

This is Awesome Debbielove the wonderful colour scheme, paper and your fab colouring of that great image those flowers are great thanks for the tips on how to make them must have a go at that
Hugs Jacqui x

Nilla said...

Stunning card Debbie and lovely details! hugs from Nilla

Anonymous said...

hi Debbie, a fantastic card, love the flowers and your fabulous image. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Fabby card hun, that colour combo is just stunning and those papers work so well with the beautifully coloured image. Love the shredded flower too, what a fab idea x

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous Debbie. Just love the idea of the punched flower being cut up for extra dimension. Hugs from Desire

Leslie said...

Debbie, love your card. It is gorgeous. Have a great week, Leslie

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger