Friday 3 April 2009

Baby Carriage

Hi Everyone,

And Happy Friday

Today I'm posting a card that has no cute stamping what-so-ever. Shock Horror!!!

I made it for one of my colleagues at work who is leaving today, to start her maternity leave. It's her first baby, and I know she's so excited. I thought I'd make her a special card.

I wanted to experiment and do something different, so I thought I'd play around with my Spellbinders Nestabilities, and use different colours to make something unique.

I just love it, and it was so easy to create. I used those download papers from Pink Petticoat again as in the last card (different colour this time). I absolutely adore them. I layered them again, as I like the look, and used my Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch. The baby carriage was just cut using the circle nesties, with a quadrant cut out to make the shape, extremely easy to do. The wheels were smaller circles. Then I had fun decorating it with lace, gems, ribbon and brads. This card is so simple to make, and you can use any embellishments you like to dress it up, boy, girl or don't know.

You can see some of the detail in this close up, and my favourite little butterflies were punched from my 'best buy' punch from Tesco.

I decorated the inside with leftover scraps.

We're all going out to an Italian restaurant this evening, so I'm going to have a treat and not worry about the 'wedding diet'

Hope you like what I've done.

Take care and Happy Crafting

Photobucket

9 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh Debbie I am so in awe of you this is just beautiful what a fabulous ue of Nesties dear just adore the colours and the lace wow I bet it went down a treat. TFS
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

wowww Debbie,what a beautiful card,l love the car.

hugs Riet.x

Jane said...

Beautiful card.

Jane :0)
xx

Bridgette said...

Hello Debbie - the baby carriage is gorgeous - a true Silver Cross - and so lovely with all the detail - I hope she will be thrilled to receive it - and well done - I'm catching up with your posts and you won candy - Lou has too - she won the Forest Friends from SU but I can't recall who's candy it was but she loved that set so was thrilled - so you'll both have something new to play with now - I love your Gorguss Girl too by the way, so pretty - Bridgette xxx

debby4000 said...

WOW this card is amazing what a stunning pram.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Fantastic card Debbie - love you you've put the pram together. Love the lace (I have the same one hanging from my ribbon ring) it's the best ever!!
hugs Heather xx

Janet said...

Fantastic! Love it! X

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous Debbie. Love the beautifully embellished pram. Hugs from Desire

Simone said...

GORGEOUS, really gorgeous!
Simone

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger