Saturday 10 April 2010

BMX Photo Session

Hi all

Well it seems like spring is well and truly reaching us here in the sunny eastern side of the UK. The leaves are finally emerging from their winter protection and bursting forth into the warm sunshine. The birds are singing, and the insects are waking from their winter hibernation.

I'm itching to improve my digital camera skills, and learn more about my Canon SLR.  So with that in mind, and the fact that my son Jordan bought himself a new BMX bike a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would have a photo session with him today. 

I wanted to capture him taking some jumps from ramps at our village skate park, so here are a couple of shots I took.


The ramps have been tagged by local graffiti artists, and there is a custom made graffiti wall that the village youths can decorate.  A good idea as they can show off their art work, and whether you like it or not, I personally do think it is art.  And at least it's here, where it's allowed and not over buildings in the village.  Anyway, I thought it was a urban good background for Jordan and his friend Emma to be photographed against. 

Not quite David Bailey yet, but I have learnt a little bit more about shutter speed, and how to freeze action without blurring the shot.  I am rather pleased, and want to do more and more now.

I'd be interested to hear your comments good or bad.  Let me know if you've taken any interesting shots and I'll pay you a visit to take a look.

Take care
Photobucket

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Debbie, I think these are great. I bought a SLR camera a couple of weeks ago and I'm slowly working my way through a book and learning about shutter speeds, ISO etc. There's a lot to learn isn't there? My local adult education are doing a one day beginners intro lesson in the summer so I'm going to do that as I learn better that way rather than reading books!

Roz said...

I love my DSLR Debbie. If you go to my blog, on the right hand side on a weird blog list near the bottom, there's a link to a photography forum. They're SO much help. You can upload your photo's and they'll tell you where you're going wrong if you ask them to. Some of them there are professional togs and their photo's are stunning.

Anyway, great work!

Love Roz x

Nicola said...

Great photos Debbie. Its all a little bit of trial and error unless you have a pro - photographer as a friend. Me I am still learning lots about my DSLR. Nice to see you Friday. Take and see you soon. Nicky xx

Card Slideshow

Digital Scrapping

Guestbook

Leona Lewis - Il Divo

Playlist


Powered By Blogger